PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, September 10, 2010

{Gluten Free} Play Dough Recipe

When we moved several months ago, I took the opportunity to purge our pantry of allergy foods.  During packing I realized that I had missed one crucial item in the purge--the playdough drawer.  We had every color of playdough you can imagine!  I trashed it all and then I called Playdoh to complain that they didn't make GF playdough because it just made me feel better - therapy I guess.  

So, now that we are moved in I decided to make Bee her very own playdough.  We started with green and blue and have now added orange at the request of Tiger.  More colors are coming soon.  And the green playdough is even scented.....mint....Curly calls it Mommy Mint because my favorite color is green.  Bee enjoyed playing with playdough for the very first time this week, and predictably she took a taste test.  No hives here!



GF dough
1 cup rice flour
2 T cream of tartar
1/2 cup salt
1 T olive oil
1 cup water
food coloring

Mix flour, cream of tartar, and salt in sauce pan.  Mix the food coloring with the water and add to pan along with oil.  Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until thick.  Will form into a ball when it's done and your arm will be ready to fall off, but it's so worth it!  Allow the dough to cool completely before storing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are sweet as honey! Thanks for visiting the hive!

 
Content © Hives in the Kitchen | Design © 2012 Laura Jane
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited