PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Smiles

Baby Bee was always a serious little girl.  Prince Charming and I worked so hard to make her smile and those smiles were few and far between.  At the time, we didn't realize why, but we soon started to realize that there was something very wrong with Bee.  When we were out with her, strangers played peek-a-boo and talked to her.  NEVER was anyone able to coax a smile from her.  And of course, those strangers all had to comment on how serious she was and how she "sure didn't smile."  Yes, I know.  Thank you.  I finally got to the point where I would just cut them off before they got started with the ridiculous silly faces and voices.  I was plain tired of watching them fail.  Her own parents could rarely get her to crack a smile.

Tonight I watched Bee running through the kitchen screeching with laughter as Tiger chased her.  "Run!  I'm going to tickle you!!!!!"  The first year was so hard at times, but I can see how far we've come.  Nowadays, Bee is rarely without a smile (and a snack or two).  And she rewards everyone with her smile, especially us!  Well.........when she'll take her thumb out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww :) Glad you guys are seeing such wonderful results with her.
~h

Post a Comment

Your comments are sweet as honey! Thanks for visiting the hive!

 
Content © Hives in the Kitchen | Design © 2012 Laura Jane
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited