PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dairy Free Peppermint Frosting

Peppermint Frosting
This is my favorite frosting for the Christmas season.  I love peppermint and this icing has just enough mint flavor.  It is wonderful on chocolate cupcakes!



2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1/8 teaspoon mint extract
2 Tablespoons rice milk
12-16 hard peppermint candies crushed

Blend the shortening.  Add the powdered sugar and mint extract and mix well.  Slowly add in the rice milk until the frosting is the desired consistency.  Fold in the crushed candies.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi :) What brand of shortening do you use?

Thanks! :)

Lexi said...

I usually use Spectrum Shortening. I believe it's from palm oil.

Kathryn @ Mamacado said...

Ooh, I will try this frosting for sure. Thanks!

Lexi said...

It's very good on a variety of things! My favorite combo is this icing on top of a chocolate cupcake! My kids like it on the vanilla peppermint cupcakes though.

Post a Comment

Your comments are sweet as honey! Thanks for visiting the hive!

 
Content © Hives in the Kitchen | Design © 2012 Laura Jane
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited