PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, July 6, 2012

Moving


Our hive has moved across the state!

We are now living in a temporary apartment as we wait for our house to sell.  We left all of our furniture and most of our things back at the house.  For apartment life, we loaded as much as we could fit into both cars and that's all we've got while we're staying here (beside the few pieces of furniture we have rented).

I feel almost like I'm camping-in air conditioning with bathrooms-which is the only way that you will ever find me "camping."  I don't think I have ever felt more disorganized in my life.  It's just not a fun feeling.

Let me say that moving with 4 small children is no easy task.  Moving with an allergy kiddo and worrying about how she'll react at the new apartment, what restaurants we'll find, what the health food stores will carry, and how we'll find new doctors and a good hospital adds a whole new kind of stress.

Thankfully we've moved to a larger area with more health food store options, more restaurants, and major medical centers.  It's going to be great, as soon as we adjust, and I have no idea how long that will take.  So far, we've been here 3 or 4 weeks (the weeks are all running together now) and I still feel completely and utterly dazed and confused.  The kids are finally starting to adjust and we're beginning to find a normal routine.  But overall we are totally out of our element.

The kids are looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends.  I, on the other hand, am not.  I do not look forward to that at all.  Why?  Because it means hours and hours of explaining the food allergies, worrying about people who don't understand or don't know us, and calling ahead to every restaurant, church, and other event to verify policies and notify them of the allergies.  Moving means lots and lots of time spent talking about the allergies.  Not only are we the new people in town, we are are the family with food allergies.

We're here.  We're completely crazy.  The kids are overwhelmed.  I'm totally disorganized.  But it's ok.  This move has been a good thing and we look forward to living here for a while.  Given a little more time, I think we'll begin to love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are sweet as honey! Thanks for visiting the hive!

 
Content © Hives in the Kitchen | Design © 2012 Laura Jane
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited