PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 30, 2012

{Allergy Free} Chicken Stew

I guess I'm getting ready for fall and trying out some soup and stew recipes.  I try to pretend that it's not 100 degrees outside.  But this stew was a huge hit with the kids and it's also very easy to prepare.  Serve with some bread or even cornbread.  My kids always vote for cornbread muffins.



Chicken Stew

6 stalks celery cut into small pieces
10 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 onion, diced (I put mine in the food processor)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
1 can diced tomatoes with roasted garlic (These went into the food processor too)
32 oz chicken broth
1 teaspoon basil
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 pound chicken breasts cooked and diced (I put mine in the crockpot with garlic and onion)
1  26 1/2 oz can of pinto beans, drained
1  15 oz can of pinto beans

Heat olive oil in large pot.

Add celery, carrot, and onion.

Saute for about 5 minutes.

Add tomatoes, chicken broth, basil, bay leaf, and thyme.

Bring the pot to a simmer and reduce the heat to medium-low.

Cook for 20-30 minutes.

Remove bay leaf and add chicken and beans.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy!





1 comment:

Clarissa said...

Hi! I have enjoyed browsing through both this blog and your homeschooling blog. My oldest son (7) is allergic to dairy, strawberries, & kiwis and has asthma. And my middle son (2) is allergic to peanut butter and has eczema. I've been experimenting in the kitchen for several years now and it has lead our family to eating a lot healthier! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Your comments are sweet as honey! Thanks for visiting the hive!

 
Content © Hives in the Kitchen | Design © 2012 Laura Jane
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited