PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, February 15, 2013

Allergy Free Puppy Chow

Ok, this isn't really my recipe, I took it from the back of the Chex cereal box.  But I realized that we could make puppy chow (or muddy buddies) with lots of modifications.  I don't know why I never thought of it before!  So, just in time for Valentine's Day, Bee got to enjoy her very own snack of puppy chow.  We shared some of our snack with friends so I ended up making another batch today.  Yummy!



Puppy Chow
9 cups Rice Chex
1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
1/2 cup No Nut Butter
1/4 cup Earth Balance Soy Free
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar

Measure out the Rice Chex in large bowl and set aside.
Melt the chocolate chips, No Nut Butter, and Earth Balance for 1 minute in microwave.
Stir well.
Stir in the vanilla.
Pour over the Rice Chex and gently fold together to mix.
Pour half mixture in gallon sized ziploc with 1 cup powdered sugar.  Pour the other half of the mixture in another bag with 1 cup powdered sugar.
Shake well.

I make my kids sing along to this while they shake............



Tiger said, "Why does he sing in such a strange voice??  I can't understand him"
Ha!  I've always thought that myself!

Pour it onto cookie sheets or in cake pans to let cool.  Enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are sweet as honey! Thanks for visiting the hive!

 
Content © Hives in the Kitchen | Design © 2012 Laura Jane
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited